Saturday, November 28, 2009

What is the best way to apply Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation?

Just yesterday i bought this foundation. I tried it out this morning and i used a sponge to apply it but I didnt really like the way it turned out. I dont know if i was because i just didnt use the sponge right or what. but if you use Revlon Colorstay let me know how you appy it... i really like this foundation its just not easy to apply








ps. please dont tell me to use any super expensive foundation brushes





Thank you! :)What is the best way to apply Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation?
they say not to use your finger but i do and i look fine so yeah! but all the proffesionals use brushes which are very expensive=( so i say use your finger to apply the make up.What is the best way to apply Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation?
The two most common ways to apply liquid foundation are either by using a makeup sponge, which you've already done, or a stippling brush, which unfortunately is expensive.





Have you tried wetting the makeup sponge before putting foundation on it? This makes the foundation blend better and keeps the sponge from soaking up too much of it, which would waste a lot of product. That's the only tip I can think of for using a sponge to do this.





I know you said not to tell you to use expensive makeup brushes, but that's honestly the best way to apply foundation. I don't like high end things too much, and even I have to admit that stippling brushes, which can usually only be found on the internet or at high end stores, provide the most even, natural coverage. However, as I said before, the sponge will work better if you use it wet, so maybe that will help and you won't have to buy any new products. :)
The best way is to apply it with a sponge but if you add just a little moisturiser to it, its alot easier to applya nd goes further but without changing the colour result you want. I use it on my clients so i am used to having to do this. Give it a try.
I use Revlon colorstay everyday.


I use my ring finger to apply it and I love the way it looks.


I tried using a foundation brush and I did not like the way it turned out and it didn't last as long on my face.
I brought a brush to apply my foundation, and tbh i wasn't too impressed with it, so don't bother with that!


Use your fingers, you don't get streaks, and then run a slightly damp sponge along your jaw to avoid tide lines.
I usually end up starting cheap and using a few different ones. Do what seems right and Im sure your gut will be right.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFabAnna
It is very easy to apply liquid foundation and it takes practice. In a few easy steps you can achieve that flawless look.





1. Make sure you apply an SPF moisturizer to your skin. This helps foundation glide on a lot easier and smoother.


2. Apply a face primer. A face primer helps your foundation stick to your skin and helps it last a lot long. Apply it like applying your moisturizer. (Try Stila Hydrating Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish Primers, or MAC Prep%26amp;Prime Skin)


3. Use a foundation brush to apply your foundation. Using a sponge will absorb too much of your product, so you keep on adding more on your sponge when you don't even have to. Simply use the foundation brush to glide on the product. Put it on your forehead, temples, cheeks, t-zone, lip area (not directly on lips), and jawline. Smooth out production on your skin towards hairlines, so it looks more natural.


4. After you applied your foundation, apply your concealer if needed to cover any imperfections.


5. Now you can use your sponge/wedge to dab your foundation. Dabbing the foundation will help your foundation sit better on your skin, giving you an airbrush finish, as well as getting any excess product that is on your skin.


6. After dabbing all over your skin, simply set foundation with a light coat of translucent powder. (Try Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Power, or MAC Prep%26amp;Prime Transparent Finishing Powder)





Hope this helps with your applying your foundation! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin